The new SchoolTube system has many new features but there are 5 new K-12 video sharing features that we think you will love.
First, if you are not familiar with SchoolTube we are a free, safe, site for hosting and sharing K-12 education videos. Our primary users are K-12 teachers, school admins, and students who desire an environment free from inappropriate videos and comments, like found sites like YouTube and Vimeo. On SchoolTube, moderators who are verified teachers and school admins, review and approve all student videos. Once verified moderators can freely upload and share their own videos, but they are the gatekeepers who ensure that student postings are not inappropriate.
Alright, enough background…here are the Top-5 New K-12 Video Sharing Features on SchoolTube. User guides on all these features can be found on the SchoolTube How-To Channel.
1.Automatic Closed Captions. The new SchoolTube system includes free, automated machine closed captioning. After your video is uploaded, simply check a box to add captions and the SchoolTube system will caption your video with automatic speech recognition. This process is typically about 80%+ accurate. To increase accuracy users have the option of reviewing and editing the caption file, as well as exporting and importing the caption file.
2. Ability to Create Unlimited Channels & Playlists. Now on SchoolTube any registered user has the ability to create unlimited channels and playlists – including students! This allows for greater organization and sharing options. Channels can contain individual videos and playlists, whereas a playlist is a saved sequence of videos. Both channels and playlists are shareable. So if you want to share a series of videos to be watched in a particular order, create a playlist. If you want to share a collection of all your videos, showing the most recent first, create a channel! And create as many as you need to reflect your learning environment.
3. Ability to Add Quizzes and Comments to Videos. How often, as a teacher, do you give a lesson an then handout a quiz on it? A lot I bet. Nowadays, often the lesson is in video format and with SchoolTube you can embed your questions directly into the video. Bonus – and the SchoolTube system will grade the quiz answers and allow you to export the results. Talk about one-stop-quizzing!
4. Ability to Capture the Device Screen & Audio. If you create a lot of teaching videos you are probably using multiple systems to record them. Now you can consolidate down to one – SchoolTube. Through the Screen & Audio Capture feature, you can create lesson videos from you device or desktop, and even make simple edits. Once you have it the way you like it, save it, and share or add to a channel or playlist.
5. Ability to Add Attachments to Videos. Many times there is a handout that goes along with the video but often the handout gets lost or disassociated with the video. SchoolTube solves this by allowing handouts, documents and other files to be attached to a video. Now everything is one place!
6. Bonus! Youtube Video Play-Through. SchoolTube offers the ability to play YouTube videos through SchoolTube. This is a great feature if you want to share a YouTube video without opening up access to YouTube or showing related YouTube content and comments.
Ready to enjoy the safe, video hosting world of SchoolTube? Sign up today for the all-new SchoolTube!