Why SchoolTube for Your School?
Video is increasingly being used in schools as both a learning and communication tool. Teachers now create and share lesson videos and request their students to create assignments in video format. Driving this are ubiqitous smart devices and fast internet connnections at school and home. At the school and district level video is often a key communication tool, used to share important announcements, training, meeting recordings and other important matters.
All this video needs to be stored and shared. While YouTube(c) is often the first thought for video hosting, in the K-12 environment YouTube is not the best solution. YouTube’s processes can inadvertently present inappropriate videos and comments, expose personal viewing history, and create embarrassing situations for school leaders.
SchoolTube is the Safest Solution for K-12 Video Hosting.
SchoolTube, launched in 2007 is a FREE, moderated system where approved teachers and school administrators review and approve student video submissions. Moderators, once approved are free to post their own videos without further review. This content curation process keeps inappropriate content off SchoolTube, making it safe for in-school and on-school network use.
- Create a central hub for teachers to host and share their lesson videos.
- Create a safe environment into which students can upload and share project videos and watch teacher lesson videos.
- Find thousands of free lesson videos created by teachers and educational content producers from around the world.
- Condense multiple hosting sites and processes into one.
- Provide firewall-safe video hosting, so that staff and students have unblocked access to their videos from within school and and from home
- Eliminate unwanted content and distractions from the learning process.
- Provide video creationg and distance learning soutions, like Virtual Classroom.
- Enjoy support from an organization dedicated solely to serving the K-12 environment.