As of: January 1, 2018
Within this Policy we will provide you information regarding the following:
- How SchoolTube handles personal information* it receives, both on and off the Internet
- What information SchoolTube collects and how it collects it
- What you can do to control the information about you that SchoolTube collected, including certain changes you can make to that information
- How SchoolTube protects information it collects from misuse
- The differences in information solicited to create an account for a child versus an adult
- How we determine adult vs minor Accounts and our approval processes
General Guidelines for Information Collection and Use of SchoolTube.com
SchoolTube collects and compiles statistical information about all visitors to our web site, even if they haven’t registered. The information used to compile statistics is passed from a visitor’s computer to our server each time a page is requested. This statistical information is logged and provides long-term usage data and trends that help SchoolTube allocate resources and better meet demands during peak usage. This information is not linked to the end user and is not considered personal information.
The information collected includes:
- The type and version of your Operating System and Web Browser
- Your computer’s IP address
- The date and time of your visit
- What page you visited
- What page you came from
When you register with SchoolTube, although we categorize you as a “Visitor” or a “Guest”, you are no longer anonymous. Your registration information is used to deliver SchoolTube education and outreach program material and to help SchoolTube develop future program material. Certain statistical information gathered from our subscribers is used to generate reports for governmental agencies. We must report this information because SchoolTube receives Grant money from the U.S. government. SchoolTube does not identify you by name in these reports; it only reports information in the aggregate.
Live Collected Information
SchoolTube often collects information from people who attend SchoolTube activities or events or who our staff members meet during the course of their duties. If we believe these people may be interested in the SchoolTube program material, we elect to subscribe them. If so, we notify them via e-mail and ask whether or not they want this material.
Registering for an Account
In order to create an account, users must provide information within a registration form. There are 3 types of accounts that a user may choose to register for: Child Account, Parent Account, Organization (or “Moderator”). Children under the age of 13 may not provide personally identifiable information, and due to the nature of the site, may not fully use the Services until a legal guardian / parent or approved teacher has given permission by creating a Parent Account or an Organization (“moderator”) account. Parents and Teachers/Organizations MUST provide valid proof of their identity and adult status before approving a child’s access to the Site.
Information Collected from Children under 13
SchoolTube will not ask a child or young person under the age of 13 for more information than reasonable in order to provide that student with ability to request approval from a verified adult. As stipulated by COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), SchoolTube may only ask for non-personally identifiable information, such as a username, password prior to their account creation approval by a verified adult. SchoolTube will also request a parent or guardian (such as a Teacher) email address in order to attain approval and valid permission to use the Site.
Information Collected in Registration
- Adult Approved Child Account: age, username, password, first name, last initial, school name and a parent or guardian (Teacher) address.
- Parent Account: First name, last name, address, age, and either form of electronic identity verification: valid Social Security number or valid Credit Card
- Organization: Organization name, address, point person (Teacher) first name and last name, and either form of electronic identity verification: valid social security number or valid credit card number, or a signed/uploaded legal agreement with a valid signature.
Unsolicited Information (User Generated Content)
SchoolTube does not allow children under the age of 13 to provide User Content of any type, outside of registration, to the live Site. A child must be approved by a validated Adult Account (Parent or Teacher/Organization) in order to post content to the Site.
Content posted to the Site is then regulated by the Terms of Service both the child and adult agree to at Account creation.
Organization “Moderators” and site filters are in place to screen and remove any additional form of Personally Identifiable Information considered unacceptable for Schooltube.com. Accounts who break the rules concerned Personally Identifiable Information, or other conduct related issues that consider privacy, may be permanently deactivated, or in extreme cases, reported to local authorities for additional review.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Other than the following instances, SchoolTube does not rent, sell or share personal information about you with any other person(s) or organization(s):
- SchoolTube may share your information with outsourced service providers in order to provide the materials you requested. For example, to fill an order for training materials, your name, address, and phone number may be provided to a third-party order filling agency so they can ship you the materials.
- SchoolTube may also share your information with Partner organizations and associations. SchoolTube is in no way responsible for the actions of their Partners, SchoolTube can not be held liable for their Partners’ use (or misuse) of personal information.
SchoolTube makes every reasonable effort to ensure the security of the data it collects. However, SchoolTube cannot warrant against the disclosure of this information in the event of a security breach or other event beyond our control.
Although vulnerabilities in this technology exist, by keeping your web browser up to date, it is unlikely the information in these cookies will be misappropriated.
A cookie is a data file stored on your hard drive by your browser. It does not contain any executable code and cannot gather information from your computer that you have not already provided SchoolTube either in a form, or by requesting a page from our site (see “General Guidelines for Information Collection and Use”, above).
Most browsers allow users to choose not to receive cookies. If you disable cookies on your browser, some pages on our site may not work correctly (or at all!), or some features may be disabled.
Your Ability to Edit Your Account Information
A registered user may edit their personal account information by logging-in to SchoolTube.com and clicking on the “My Account” link on the top right of the page, then clicking on “Settings”. “Account” Users may edit and update their personal information.
New program information may be added from time-to-time. SchoolTube will attempt to anticipate your interest in this information based on information in your profile, and may sign you up automatically. You may opt-out of some of these services by editing your account information (as described above).
SchoolTube reserves the right to send important announcements or notices to all registered users without extending an opportunity to opt-out of such notices.
SchoolTube reserves the right to maintain archival copies of contact data of our registrants. The primary purpose of this archive is to prevent accidentally re-adding you to our service if you have requested not to receive further information. Concerns about this archival copy may be addressed to the webmaster.
Confidentiality and Security
SchoolTube limits access to your personal information to those SchoolTube employees who have a need to come into contact with that information.
To protect your personal information, SchoolTube employs physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations.
Your personal information is password protected and, in some cases, encrypted for additional protection.
Changes to this Policy
- emailing your primary e-mail address registered with us, or
- displaying a notice on our website.
Remove Your Information
If you wish to have your child’s or your information removed from SchoolTube’s systems, please contact us at http://www.schooltube.com/contact-us/, or write us at:
SchoolTube Security Team: 317 Lemay Ferry Rd. Ste 136, St. Louis, MO 63125
Additional Questions or Safety Comments
Please contact us at http://www.schooltube.com/contact-us/ and we will be happy to help provide any additional information you may require.